Your bamboo floor is designed with low maintenance in mind. Follow these simple steps to achieve many years of enjoyment from your floor:
- Sweep or vacuum as often as necessary to remove any loose dirt or grit before it can scratch the floor.
- When a spill occurs, soak up the bulk liquid promptly.
- In areas of excessive traffic and wear, please make use of runners or area rugs.
- Use felt protectors under heavy pieces of furniture and chairs. Do not use rubber as it may leach into the bamboo.
- Use protective mats at all exterior entrances. Do not use rubber-based furniture or mats as the rubber may leach into the bamboo.
- Spiked heels or shoes in need of repair can severely damage your floor.
- Damp mop only – avoid excessive amounts of water. Steam mops must not be used.
- ?Never use oil soaps, wax, liquid or other household products to clean your floor.
- Keep animal nails trimmed.
- Protect your floor when using a dolly for moving furniture or appliances.
- Never slide or roll heavy furniture or appliances across the floor.
- Maintain relative humidity levels between 30% and 70%.
- If your floor becomes scratched or dull, repairs can often be made using repair accessories.
- Proper care and maintenance can extend the life of your floor for many years. Over time, a recoating may be desirable.
Your bamboo floor can be restored several times by sanding back the veneer and then applying a polyurethane or water-based coating. Sanding and re-coating should only be carried out by a professional flooring contractor.