The purchase of carpet is a big investment and one which will reward you with years of comfort and pleasure if you look after it properly.
It’s not hard, just follow these tips:
- Vacuum regularly to remove dirt and to maintain the pile, particularly in high traffic areas. This will prolong the life of the carpet and enhance its appearance.
- Use door mats near all exterior doorways and entrances to carpeted areas to trap dirt and moisture from shoes. Clean mats regularly.
- Use furniture cups and occasionally rearrange furniture to alleviate pressure marks.
- Protect your carpet from prolonged periods of direct sunlight with curtains, blinds or awnings.
- Treat spills as soon as they happen as this will give you the best chance of removing it completely. Use a spot removal checklist for instructions on how to remove certain stains.
- Have your carpets professionally cleaned every 12 to 24 months as this will ensure removal of imbedded dirt and grit and restore the carpet to pristine condition.
Download our Stain Removal Guide for stubborn stains.